Sunday, May 3, 2009

EDIT 024 , ning and the power of breakfast

One of our assignments is to join ning.com, and announce our URLs. So my URL is http://www.ning.com/leslieaawilliams . The only thing I know about ning (besides joining it in a very hurried fashion) is that Mr. Handyman (my little brother, John) went to fix something at ning (I think they are in Palo Alto). Later that night in recounting all the places he traveled to that day, he exclaimed "They have everything you could ever want for breakfast!". He went on to explain, in great detail, all the choices the young techies have when they manage to roll in to work, hair tousled, sleep still in their eyes, wrinkled shirts and all. Not one or two choices for cereal, seven or eight! Not one or two kinds of juice, every kind imaginable! And fruit. Lots of fruit. Fruit that he had never seen before.

He was rather sad he couldn't stay to enjoy a bowl or two of cereal, or maybe sneak in a doughnut or other fancy pastry, or even heat up a waffle or two, as a mid-morning snack. But duty called, and on he went to another Mr. Handyman job after finishing his tasks at ning. It definitely made an impression on him, my breakfast-loving brother.

So, that's really about all I know of ning. Oh, except little Johnny Handyman also told me that the people who work at ning think of themselves as the "Cadillac of social networking". A rung or two up from Facebook or MySpace, I guess. Even in social networking, there seems to be a pecking order. Humm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails