Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there, biological or otherwise! Although I tend to view this day as sort of a "Hallmark Holiday", most of America celebrates it, so I extend my best to each and every mother or anyone who nurtures and cares for us all.

I am of the opinion that my children should be kind to me every day, and celebrate my existence on a regular basis, not just on a day that happens to fall on this particular day of the year. Actually, they do! I should be celebrating their existence, thankful that my children are exactly who they are: individuals in their own right, brainy, thoughtful, beautiful, well read, kind, creative, divergent thinkers, and all around really great humans. Not particularly easy to raise, but worth every second of it. Really. They have taught me so much about myself, people in general, and life. I am so lucky!

Thank you, Taylor, Flannery, and Megan. Please don't read anything into the order I listed your names (youngest to oldest). I love you (don't ask who is the favorite, you know who you are)! Loving you this much has nothing to do with who got the window seat (shot gun), the biggest scoop of ice cream, or an extra story at bedtime. Don't make me come back there!

Of all the motherly things I have done in my life, one of my favorites is baking cookies. Since I have been baking chocolate chip cookies since I was ten, and I just happened to be baking cookies when Taylor arrived, he felt obligated to enjoy a few of them, just to make my day complete!



3 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails