Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Power of Women

Once again, here I am doing my homework for class. I COULD be outside (well, technically I am outside, on my balcony, but I am not playing, so it doesn't really count), enjoying the company of my colleagues at The Annual Garden Party. But no, I just finished my ning assignment by developing a social network (really, it's mostly informational, not so much social) called The Power of Women. The assignment was to research female technologists who have used technology to advance their respective areas of interest/inquiry/science.

I actually learned a lot by researching these brainy, inquisitive, amazing women and their inventions and discoveries. I first decided to research female scientists, and WOW! Was I ever impressed! I then narrowed my search down to marine biology, just for fun and giggles, and again, oh so impressed. I chose, however, not a marine biologist, but a woman, who when she was just twelve years old...wait a minute. You'll just have to go to my ning site and check it out for yourself! I'm not telling you HERE! Maybe I'll get extra points for number of people checking out the ning thing. Go ahead, click on The Power of Women and have a look. Leave a comment (remember, be nice and it's for school, so be clean about it), follow it, whatever. Thanks. I bet I can use those extra points. My transcript will thank you. I thank you. Mostly, my 4.0 gpa thanks you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails