Saturday, June 6, 2009

Helmet Hair

As I was riding my bike to the post office, I was feeling rather guilty about not wearing a helmet. I work with students with TBI, and I don't want to push my luck and assume I will never fall off my bike or be hit by a driver who doesn't even see me. So, the question of the day is, how does one avoid the whole "helmet hair" look? I went on Riding Pretty, but all that did was tell me about people who have helmet hair styles.

Fortunately, I have wavy/curly hair, and it's short, so one would think, no problem! Just fluff it up, toss it around, and, viola! Good to go!

Unfortunately, I am a head sweating fool (thanks, Mom...I think it's genetic), and those cute little waves and curls don't like the sweat; in addition, I also am blessed (thanks again, Mom) with very fine, incredibly thin hair (I am sure I will become the poster child for Rogaine for Post-Menopausal Women any day now...I am somewhat surprised they haven't called me yet), so the resulting look after I wear a helmet is circa 'drowned rat', rather than healthy, glowing, positively radiant, from a ride with a helmet on. What to do, what to do?

Grace in Small Things: 36/365

1. Camping at the beach, again! (different beach, still Nor Cal)
2. Weather is supposed to be slightly warmer!
3. I haven't had a wreck on my bike!
4. Changing my pay to 12 months instead of 10 months, so I am still paid while I play!
5. Volunteering at Bookshare

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails