Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A friendly welcome to Sunnyvale!


I had a surprise this morning when I went out my front door to collect the morning newspaper. I found this little gift from a neighbor, commenting on our Welcome sign (the sign is at least 15 years old...Flannery made it when she was in Girl Scouts, and she's 21 now)!



I wonder who 'Dee' is? If you can't read her writing on the adorable Valentine Grow Kit (for strawberries), it says "Hello! Love your welcome sign. Dee"

Isn't that just so thoughtful? I guess I'd better start this grow kit, so when 'Dee' walks by, she'll see that I've planted it. Maybe I'll be able to offer her a strawberry someday! Thanks, Dee! That was downright neighborly of you!

2 comments:

  1. How nice! I wonder who Dee is. Maybe the Farmer in the Dell's wife? Can't wait to eat strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea, but I don't think Farmer in the Dell has a wife. If he does, he's hiding her in the basement. On the other hand, maybe it was ZZ Top's partner. You just never know for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails