Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hail to the IT genius that fixed my laptop!

Oh, hallelujah! I just got home from work and pulled out my laptop, and, viola! It works! Oh, joy! It crashed many, many, many months ago, it spent quite a bit of time in two separate fix-it shops, the result of which was a very expensive and pretty hopeless prognosis, and then I dragged it into work and let it sit for another few weeks, until I worked up the nerve to ask one of the IT technicians to have a look at it. I pretty much promised him anything in the world (well, almost anything), and all he wanted was 1) priority registration to take a class, and 2) lunch. He didn't even want homemade chocolate chip cookies! Wow. So, I immediately granted him #1, just for looking at the laptop (still in the case). So, that was back in early November.

Today, Mr. IT genius brought my laptop back, explained what the problem was (I really don't understand it, but it has something to do with the driver for the video card, maybe?), and we set up a date and time for lunch. I'm figuring I'm way ahead of the game, in any event. I was saving my money to buy a Mac, and I still may buy one at some point, but, boy, oh boy, oh boy, there's nothing like having your very own computer at home to do exactly what you want! Which, in this case, is finishing up my syllabus for the class I begin teaching on Monday. Hip, hip, hooray! The computer gods are on my side today. I'm thrilled. Absolutely, positively thrilled! Okay, I'll stop gushing now, and get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails