Thursday, June 9, 2011

I was reading Janet's blog, This Confetti Life, and, as usual, I was impressed with her creativity, and her ability to create beautiful, yet simple decorations. I don't mean simple in a negative way. I mean it in a "just the right touch" kind of way.

Personally, I believe that some (not all) things that appear simple are actually a ton of work. This one, maybe not so much. Janet, in her usual, thoughtful way, also included directions on how to make these cute favors. I suppose I don't really have an artsy-fartsy, creative, crafty muscle or bone in my body. The only time I excelled at crafty stuff was when my kids were in the "colored macaroni, Popsicle sticks, and paper plates" stage of life. I even made homemade Play-Dough from scratch (it's really easy and cool to make). I can be silly, pathetic, giggly, childish, somber, inappropriate...any number of things, but crafty in an artsy-fartsy way? I just can't see it. I'm fairly creative in how I do my job; I can sew, quilt, garden, cook, bake, and decorate. I even learned how to knit (no small feat for me...I'm a lefty and I figured it out by watching a youtube video and having my daughter Maeg show me over and over and over again) but put a craft in front of me, and watch me melt. It's not pretty. But maybe, just maybe, even I could pull this off. Just look at these little party favors. SO CUTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails