Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Let me count the ways to beat the heat!

As everyone in NorCal knows, it's been hella hot here the past few days.

Samson decided to take matters into his own hands early yesterday morning, while I was making coffee. Apparently, the water in his water dish, along with the water in the toilets (actually his very favorite, usually), just wasn't good enough...maybe not fresh enough.

My friend Bonnie suggested we visit China Camp, since it's one of the CA state parks slated to close in July. Not only was it much, much cooler in San Rafael, it was really beautiful, peaceful, and interesting, all rolled in one! Plus, it was just extra nice to spend time with my good friend!

We managed to squeeze in a quick trip to Sam's Anchor Cafe for their legendary fish and chips, while we watched the boats coming and going.



Yes, indeedy. It was a fun, relaxing, and dare I say, educational, day, all in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails