Monday, August 1, 2011

Joys of Summer



After a fairly unpleasant semester and an exceedingly unpleasant start to the summer, I have been unexpectedly treated to spur-of-the-moment excursions, complete with fun friends, a lake, a beautiful boat with sea-worthy dogs, and camping.

I have also made a commitment to ride my bike much, much more, since bike riding makes me so happy. I am pleased to report that any errand 5 miles or less from home is completed a la bicycle. Since my sense of direction, ability to read maps with any accuracy, as well as estimate distances has been completely unplugged since I moved to NorCal, I am often riding more than the 10 miles round trip I thought I was in for. Fortunately, I have an extremely patient bike riding partner who is in much better shape than I am, looks better on a bike than I ever will, and is very good-natured about the whole thing, so it's all okey dokey. No worries, no drama, no tears.

I also took a quick road trip to visit Little Lady Luscious, affectionately now known as Our Luscious Little Lady of Holy Terror...not named by me, her loving grandparent, mind you...by her mom, no less. Our little bundle of joy is now walking backwards, singing constantly, can count to 10 in three languages, and is in constant motion. Her favorite words? "NO". "MINE". Often run together and expressed at quite a volume.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails