Monday, April 6, 2009

p.s. golf, women, beer, and margaritas

I just got back from my annual trek to Palm Springs to attend a golf tournament. Lots and lots of really great golf (the LPGA), sunshine, walking, women (after all, it IS the LGPA), and we managed to cool our jets by whipping up some cocktails out on the verandah, to wash down the chips and very hot salsa I bought at Trader Joe's. My So Cal friend (the one whose husband just left) and I had a nice time. Some moaning and groaning about her husband, naturally, but also some conversation NOT about her husband. I felt obligated to keep her hydrated (we both are certified Mixologists, having completed bar tending school some time ago), and I felt it only proper and caring to provide a steady stream of cooling, soothing, yummy drinks with lots of alcohol, to ease the pain a wee bit, of her recent and oh so painful separation from her husband of 34 years. Apparently, it did the trick, at least a little bit. She was able to talk about lots of stuff, and some of it actually involved thinking ahead instead of dwelling on the past. At least for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails