Saturday, August 22, 2009

And Husband Makes Three!




With great anticipation (and much anxiety on Maeg's part, worrying about Krus flying for the first time, we once again trekked to SFO, to pick up Krus.

Time really crawls when you are checking flight arrival status screens, monitors for two customs exits, and you are visually scanning the ever-growing crowds for a face that may or may not look familiar to you. Is that him? No, hair too long. Is that him? No, hair too short. Maybe that's him! No, too big. No, too little. Not him, not him, not him. Wait, is that him? Maybe?

Eventually (after what seemed an eternity), Krus made a quiet and unassuming entry. I don't know that I have ever been more relieved to see someone I don't know in my life! After an extremely tearful and anxiety-ridden night (on Maeg's part), with almost no sleep for many days (Maeg, and in turn, me), the growing family is reunited.




In typical Krus style (from what Maeg tells me about his sense of humor), Krus announced on the car ride home, "I've been on this street before". "This is familiar to me". He was referring to American T.V. he has watched!

I, too, am very relieved, and very excited to get to know my very handsome and quiet son-in-law. Although we are missing Taylor (who lives in So Cal) and Little Johnny Fishing (on the annual "On Golden Pond" trip with Grammie), it was an extremely satisfying feeling around the dinner table last night, to see the faces of relief, of love, of comfort, of caring. Very cool indeed.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe he's here! I am so, so happy and relieved.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails