Saturday, August 29, 2009

Dog Days of Summer

It's late August, and we're sweltering! The heat finally made it's way up to the Bay area, and while I would like to be fantasizing about cuddling up to a nice warm fire in the fireplace and wearing my favorite sweaters, I am dreaming about root beer floats, ice cream baths, and have already sneaked over to my old apartment complex to swim last night. Since the water was soooo cold (some of us brave souls went in anyway, some of us chickens did not go in), I voted for going to the local pizzeria and enjoying a frosty pitcher of micro-brewed Tied House beer, which we did, followed by pizza and garlic breadsticks, followed by yet another frosty pitcher of beer. Since I hadn't eaten all day, it was absolutely marvelous!

We have had a very busy, emotional, and decision-laden week. I went back to work, and Maeg and Krus took the train to the City one day, found Pho locally, which Maeg adores, and made the monumental decision to stay with us in Sunnyvale, rather than relocate to Seattle before the baby is born. I must say, I am very relieved, and also a little nervous. What will all this be like? Will Maeg get health insurance before the baby is born? How will Maeg and I survive under the same roof?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails