Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Batting a thousand, if anyone is counting

Three moves done. Whew! Flanny and Ryan are unpacking and nesting at their apartment, I am happily unpacking and decorating at the Hacienda, and Taylor arrived safely in So Cal at the De Soto domicile, via U-Haul with Camaro in tow. I'm sure he and Racquel are grateful to be together again, at last. So, using the baseball analogy once again (I promise not to do this much more), our batting average is beyond stellar; it's downright superb.

One more inning to go. Meggie and Krus and baby are anxiously awaiting the "interview" at the Embassy, and haven't been given the date yet. It's only 9 more days until Meg flies back to the U.S., with or without Krus, and of course, we are all hoping that he will accompany her on the long, arduous flight. Waiting is so tortuous!

One of my favorite things about unpacking is re-discovering treasured items that wouldn't fit in the apartment, but will spaciously grace the new abode.

Take these glasses, for example. These drink glasses, along with the ice bucket in the back, were given to me by my mother, and they were given to her by her mother-in-law many moons ago. Although I am certainly NOT a hunter, the pheasants pictured on the glasses make me think they would be great to use in a country estate after the hunters come back from hunting, thirsty, hungry, and ready to wet their whistles and whet their appetites.

Rumor has it that my grandmother received these as a wedding present. She married my grandfather in the late teens, or maybe 1920, and I definitely remember seeing the adults clinking these glasses together in celebration at my grandmother's house when I was a kid. They are the perfect size for many different types of libation, and I plan to use them a lot! They are proudly displayed in one of the built-in hutches in the Breakfast Room. I have a breakfast room and a formal dining room! Oh, the dining options are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails