Friday, March 25, 2011

Forget the tarradiddles, enjoy the flowers!



In an effort to have a much more positive weekend than this work week has been, I went out first thing this morning to enjoy my garden! Here are some photos. I especially like the photo of the flowers and the meyer lemon tree, which has been a delight, indeed. (You can't really see the entire tree, just a lemon in the picture below.)

Note to self for next year's planting: Cover the raised flowerbed with something after planting the bulbs, to keep the squirrels from digging up the bulbs. Suspiciously, although I planted over 100 bulbs, the entire center of the flowerbed is almost empty, thanks to the squirrels who, I suppose, were thinking they were digging up their buried treasure, but, were, in fact, digging up my bulbs! Oh well, worse things could have happened. Hope those damn squirrels enjoy gnawing on tulip bulbs.

Oh, my. I wonder if it made them sick? Also suspiciously, I haven't seen nearly as many squirrels out and about near my yard. But, then again, I'm usually not home during daylight hours. I don't actually want to poison the little fuckers (okay, well maybe just a teeny, tiny bit since they stole the majority of my bulbs). The circle of life and all.

Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails