Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Look what $100,000 will buy you!

I meandered through Vashon Island last week looking for property (or really vacant land) with my little spot of sunshine in tow (herein referred to as Miss Zippy until further notice, based on the fact that not only can my 16 month amazingly articulate granddaughter walk and run, she can nimbly walk backward with absolutely no hesitation). The house in the same neighborhood as Miss Zippy's is for sale, but at $849,000, it's a little steep for my budget. I'm sure it's a great deal, considering it's on the water, has its own beach, breathtaking views, and is gorgeous and very roomy. In the Bay area, $849,000 won't buy you anything close to the beach! Have a look at it:


So, unless I can find 11 friends/BFFs that want to co-own this beauty for a month of fun each and every year (for each investor) in the surf and sand, the casual search continues.

I did notice that for under $100,000, Country Living has several homes listed in their Real Estate Sampler (each month has a different theme...this month's is homes for sale that are priced under $100,000). Have a look:


For the low, low price of $99,500., this baby can be yours. Here's the catch: It's in Texas. I repeat, Texas.

How about this one?
It's only $69,900 in Wallace, Idaho. I must remember to tell my friend Wilda (and her family, whom I adore) who I've been plotting and scheming with for years to open a Bed & Breakfast with once we "retire", that I've found her B & B in a town that shares her last name! (Oops. I just clicked on this and realized that the picture is crappy. Click on the photo itself and you'll see the real charmer here. Sorry about that.)


Here's another bargain at only $38,800 in Skidmore, Missouri. I don't know about you, but I can't imagine life in "Skidmore", MO. Better than that, this property is listed by the Twaddle Realty Company. Seriously. Twaddle. In Skidmore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails