Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Busyness of Busy

Wow. If I ever complain about not having enough to do, slap me, shake me, turn me upside down. Remind me about these days of arriving at work before 7:00 a.m., and finally having time to pee in the late afternoon, only to round out the day by leaving at 7:00 p.m.

Did I really say in my job interview that I love being really busy? I did? Why, yes, I remember now. I DID say that! That wasn't really me speaking. That was that hyped up 50 year old, who drank too much coffee that day, to stay awake for the 6 hour drive to the interviews (first and second interview, as well as the writing sample all completed on the same day), only to turn around and drive the 6 hours home. Now I am remembering. Ah, yes. It's all coming back to me now. But, that was three long years ago. Now I'm 53 (I think....right now I am having a hard time remembering anything...my brain is absolutely fried), with much less caffeine in my system, and a much older, fatter, aching body.

So, for today, I take it all back. Let's re-do that interview, shall we? What's that you ask? Do I handle being really busy very well? Ya know, work well under pressure? Oh, no, I don't really like to be super busy. I like to be the normal, human-like busy, thank you very much.

Grace in Small Things: 27/365

1. I do have a job, after all
2. My presentation yesterday went smooth as silk
3. There are only 5 weeks left in the semester
4. Additional camping trips at different beaches (4 total this summer!)
5. Rick, for giving me advice that I didn't know I needed, but so appreciated and actually needed very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails